Natchez Trace Bicycle Tour
The Natchez Trace is a an unforgettable road that stretches 444 miles from the Mississippi River in Natchez through the Shoals area in Alabama across Tennessee's Cumberland Plateau and on to Nashville.
This National Scenic Byway is perfectly suited for cycling and one of the finest two-wheel experiences you will ever encounter. This Tour is the perfect way to jump start or conclude your season with lots of gently rolling miles on a low traffic road with beautiful pavement 🙂
In addition to our Spring trip we will most probably add an October trip this year…stay tuned.
9 Days/8 Nights
Natchez Trace Bicycle Tour Tour Gallery
For trip photos of the Blue Ridge Parkway Tour, please visit /natchez-trace/
Day 1 Natchez, MS
We gather in this beautifully preserved antebellum city for a night of fellowship and pre-tour celebration before setting out on our journey the next morning.
Day 2 Natchez to Jackson, MS
We depart after breakfast quickly intersecting the storied Natchez Trace. We have a long day in the saddle today as we wind our way to Jackson. Along the way we take in some of the Trace’s most historic sites including Emerald Mound and Mount Locust.
Day 3 Jackson to French Camp, MS
We set out for French Camp today, the highlight of the route will be the approximately 20 miles of shoreline we cycle along the Ross Barnett Reservoir. Tonight we stay in the rustic cabins at the French Camp B&B where our host will prepare a true southern meal for us this evening.
Day 4 French Camp to Tupelo, MS
After breakfast prepared by our host we cycle to Tupelo, our last full day in Mississippi. Tupelo is the birthplace of Elvis Presley and home to the Natchez Trace Parkway Headquarters. Along the way we will pass some of the regions once thriving Native Americans most important sites.
Day 5 Tupelo, MS to Florence, AL
We cycle the rolling terrain of of north western Alabama today crossing the mighty Tennessee River before leaving the Trace in route to Florence. Along the way today we pass, more Indian Mounds and beautiful state parks. Our home for the next two nights is the fabulous Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa, this stop will afford you the option of pampering yourself with much needed rest and a well earned massage.
Day 6 Florence, AL
Enjoy a relaxing day at the luxurious Marriott Spa or join us for a loop along the local cycling routes. A day without schedules, you decide how to spend the day!
Optional day of cycling!
Meals are on your own today, you are free to decide when, where and what you eat!
Day 7 Florence, AL to Franklin, TN
After breakfast we leave the luxury of the Marriott and cross into Tennessee. The terrain becomes a little more challenging as we climb up and along the Cumberland Plateau.
Day 8 Final Day Along the Natchez Trace
Today is a glorious day of cycling and probably the most beautiful stretch of road on the entire Natchez Trace. It is a day to truly take in the surroundings, reflect on the accomplishment of this past week and fully appreciate the Natchez Trace.
Day 9 Departure Day
After one final meal together we depart as friends with a strong bond forged during the experience of the previous week!
Included in the Trip Price
8 nights lodging beginning on Friday March the 24th and concluding on Friday March the 31st
Food & Snacks
- All meals beginning with dinner on Friday the 24th and concluding with breakfast on Saturday the 1st except for lunch and dinner on our second day in Florence, AL
- All snacks and beverages during each day’s ride
- The knowledge, support and camaraderie of experienced guides
- Mechanical support as needed during your trip
- Daily route support plus detailed route maps w/ profile data
- Ride support vehicle accompanies Tour
- Shuttle service from the Jackson, MS airport to Natchez on March the 24th and to the Nashville airport after conclusion of Tour on Saturday April the 1st
- All necessary transportation and luggage transfers during your trip
BBA Swag including water bottle, cycling jersey and other goodies
- Airfare to and from the trip pick-up/drop-off locations
- BBA rental bike – in 2017 we will be offering the beautifully crafted Aluboo Bikes for $45/day
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Gratuities for your Black Bear Adventures Guides